Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How do I clean Renuzit Apple & Cinnamon cone deodorizer out of my carpet?

I left the cone deodorizer in my car, it got hot, melted some, spilled when I opened it--dripped on my new dining area carpet!

How do I clean Renuzit Apple %26amp; Cinnamon cone deodorizer out of my carpet?
Okay, I%26#039;ve never experienced this as I%26#039;ve never used those types of air fresheners, but being a mom for 27 years and still have lots of kids at home, this is what I%26#039;d try:





Melt the waxy part using a hair dryer and blotting up as much as you can using paper towels. Then use some dry cleaning spot remover. I recommend everyone have one of those home dry cleaning kits available at most stores in the laundry isle. Follow the directions with the spot remover blotting up the spot left behind. You could also try cleaning it with a new or very clean kitchen sponge and blotting it with rubbing alcohol. Good luck! And do let us know what worked for you!
Reply:You can either buy or rent a carpet cleaner or you can just buy a steamer. Steamers are small and can be bought for under $100.00 and they are great to use for many, many things. Most models and brand steamers use plain water and is safe for most carpet. Then if ever anything else spills you can use it again. Also did you know that if you have children, babies, pets around your home it is not safe to have there are new reports that it is contributing to global warming and putting toxic waste in the enviroment as well. There are studies that are being conducted for autism links. It is a scary thing for me as well cause I have a 10 month old baby that until recently I had been using air freshners (constantly) around since she was born. Anyway good luck with your carpet cleaning.



small business

1 comment:

  1. By using Car Rental 8 you can discover affordable rental cars at over 50,000 locations globally.

    ReplyDelete